Saturday 7 September 2013

Our 1st weekend in the house

Friday:

Everyone's up and ready to go at a decent time. Lino pretty much slept in his bed all night which was nice. We dropped Mike off then headed to Lino's school. The traffic by the primary school was even worst today...u guess because I was early. I mean cars are just stopped on the road, adults and kids walking around everywhere and random stat dogs all over the place...it's like dogging one land mind after another. And maneuvering thru this little street is just scary sometimes...it's so nerve racking for me I have to find a new route before I end up taking off my side mirror or swiping a car or worst...a kid. I don't know how people just walk up and down this street during school drop off and pick up times...it's crazy to me. So I made to Lino's school and I was early...imagine that...so that brought on a while new challenge. Joan has a nice sized car park area for the parents but its not nearly big enough for 30 cars and the drive way isn't really big enough for 2 cars so it sometimes becomes a bit of a challenge to get around. Today I got there and all the logical spots where taken so I thought, maybe I will back up ad park across the street at the neighbours house and just walk down so that I can avoid the congestion. That was a good idea until I started backing up and another car was coming down the ramp...geeze o...so now I had to try and park which was a joke. I was going back and forth, back and forth like a million times to try and get into a spot that was out of the way and finally Joan opened the doors so the parents could drop off the kids so now I'm in the middle of the driveway and no one can get in or out...stupid American. Finally I was able to get out of the way and park to drop Lino off...not soon enough for Lino tho because he was screaming at me the while time telling me to "GO mom!!!" Ahhhhh the little mini back seat driver :-). After dropping Lino off I decided to see if there was a different route to get there and of course there was...it's a little out of the way but not by much...I'll have to try it out on Wed.  Next to Supervalu for a few items for breakfast on Sat...we have been waiting 2 months to have mommys banana buttermilk pancakes so I have to get my self armed with my supplies. Then back to the house for some breakfast and cleaning before getting Lino. I told myself I was going to leave by 11:40 but didn't get out of the house until 11:50 and I made it there before noon but Lino was still the last one to be picked up...I have got to do better...the poor kid. He didn't seem to mind me being the last mom to pick up but I know Joan does :-/. But I got the chance to chat with Joan about Lino's transition and it seems that he is doing fine. His biggest issue is that he doesn't like to stop playing to move onto the next project...I guess he throws a little tantrum or something but she said its not that bad.  Hopefully he will get use to the schedule and the class routine soon but I'm glad that there are no other major issues.  Then back home for a nap for Lino and Shaun even went down for a nap around the same time and I had about 30min of freedom. And what do I do??? I had nothing else on my mind but clean the toilets, sanitize the toys that were shipped and sweep the kitchen...So that's what I did...and u felt so much better after I was done. For the afternoon we didn't really do much. We tried to go to the garden to get some raspberries but there were a bunch of bees and wasp out there so we only were able to get 2 before I was to nervous about one of the boys getting stung. Lino was pretty excited about being able to go and get raspberries in the garden...and so was I. Here is the picture of the 1 raspberry that actually made it into the house to be washed before Lino devoured it. 

So proud of his pick from the garden




Since its Friday we knew Mike would be home earlier than normal so we decided to hang out outside and wait for him to ru up...kind of like a cheering squad. Lino wanted to drive the car while I played with Shaun but eventually I was able to get both boys to take a picture with mommy. I love my boys...all 3 of them!




Mike running to the finish line!!!!  Today he jogged home with his laptop so that added an extra little resistance to his already intense run. But he was happy to see us...2 thumbs up



Once Mike got home we had to leave to go buy a coffee pot. We brought one with us from home but when we were testing out the outlet converters we kind of blew up the coffee pot...oops. Mike was so disappointed too because he has been looking forward to a pot of his coffee so it was kind of a priority to get one before the weekend. So we got a small coffee pot and a hair dryer for me and headed home. When we got home and Mike was unpacking his coffee pot he dropped it and broke the glass pot...he had to tell me 3 times before I would believe him. I can't believe the €50 pot only made it 30min before it was destroyed...you would have thought Mikes puppy had got hit by a car...he was so sad. Well...not much we can do but buy another one...but tomorrow not today. Then we had someone come by to fix the leak in the sink and we finished dinner. After dinner Mike put together the TV stand for the living room...we had to get a new one...at least we convinced ourselfs that we needed a new one.  So now we have TV!!!! Mike hooked up the iTV and we were able to watch our sling box on the TV...super cool. Mike was in ahhhh of the technology and so impressed that we could do that...so was I. It's just amazing that only 3 yrs ago the iPad came out and now we can do all this stuff with it...just amazing. So Mike did bath and bed and Lino wasn't going to sleep easy, he kept stalling, so by the time Lino went to sleep I had feel asleep in the couch with Shaun...sorry Mike. Such a long week...we are all pooped. 





Saturday:


Up early in a Saturday. I think Mike thought he was going to be able to sleep in but I needed him to find me a converter for the blender so I could make the pancakes...sorry hun.  So Lino helped me make pancakes while Mike worked on putting together the bar stools that we got. There are actually bar chairs in the house because the land loard knew we were looking for some but we didn't know the were going to leave chairs for us so we had bought some before we came over. The chairs are fine but the ones we got from the states have cushions so its just a little more comfortable...anyway we are going to test them out to see. Plus now we will have extra seats for all the guest we will have...hahahahahaha.  So we had our favorite banana buttermilk pancakes and topped the cakes with peanut butter...gobbs and gobbs of peanut butter and they were so delicious...OMG. I love those pancakes. After our fatty breakfast we decided to take a family walk to Fitzpatrick's. I was kind of hesitant because our road is really small and I don't even know how 2 cars get thru but people walk on that road all the time and with kids so I guess it's not unheard of...so off we went. Here are some pictures from our stroll. 


Look...we found a hobbits house...randomly under a bridge. Hahahaha...actually I have no idea what this is but we thought it was cool. 


The hundreds of cows on the walk


The little road we walked on


Mike pushing the boys up the massive hill with the double stroller.  That is hard hard work


View


Some random plant/flower/fruit I'm not sure...need someone to help me ID it. 


We told Lino that we would stop to pick some blackberries on the way back to the house so we did. It's crazy, we are on this super small road big we decide to take the 3 yr old out of the stroller so he could pick blackberries off the bushes in the ditches...who does that??? Only in Ireland!!!!  It's crazy because there are tons of blackberries everywhere up and down this road and people are out picking them all the time. We really have no idea what we are doing but we had a good time. Lino had a ball and absolutely LOVED the fresh blackberries. He enjoyed then so much we were barely able to get any of them home before he ate them all. We kept tell him we need to wash then off before he eats them but he didn't care...oh well. 




The few blackberries we were able to get from Lino to take home...they were delicious!

After our walk we cleaned up and headed to Douglas so that Mike could get some charcoal from this store so we could BBQ on Sunday. On the way to Douglas Lino and Shaun fall asleep so I on car duty while Mike shops. Mike also makes sure to get a replacement coffee pot for the one that he dropped on Friday. Then back home to do a little unpacking/sorting. My sister called so we got a chance to FaceTime with her and my brother for a while. We showed then the house and I got to wish Frederick happy birthday!! Then dinner, bath and bed for the boys!  After Lino was in bed we had more FaceTime with family..this time we talked to Nini for a while. Then a little TV time before bed...for me...Mike stayed up for a while to work on some things while it was quite. 







Sunday:


We let Mike sleep in since he was up late. So the boys and I had breakfast and Lino for some reason was in a funky mood so I knew it wasn't going to be a good day. We had planned to go to this BBQ party with the group that I'm a part of but once Mike got up Lino went to the other room and pooped in his diaper. I knew he had to go potty but be told be he didn't but obviously he did. Why Lino??? Why???  So we decided to let him sit in his poop for a while to see if he would get annoyed by it...but he didn't. So Mike washed him up and I was going to take him & shaun with me to the BBQ and let Mike put together the dresser for the boys room. But Lino was such a mess and tired at that point that we decided to let him stay home and nap...so me and Shaun went out and left them at home. I had directions on how to get there but of course I got lost. I was planning to see Martha there so I really wanted to make it but after about 30min of driving around and around I about gave up. I had stopped at a house that I thought was the house but there was only one car in the driveway so I wasn't too confident that that was the place but I was going to try. I saw someone peep out of the window and look at me knock on the door but no one came to the door...definitely not the right place...plus no BBQ!  I didn't have the phone number of the lady hosting it so I couldn't call her to get directions...even if I would have had her number it might have been a challenge for her to be able to know where I was at (she lives in the country) so I knew I was just going to have to figure it out or I home.  I decided to call Martha to see if she was already there and see if she could give me directions but I knew there was a good chance she wouldn't answer her phone (she's not very good about answering her phone or text messages) so I tried and no answer...I texted and no response...as expected. So I figured she was already there and busy with the boys. I had even sent the host a message on Facebook and it had been about 15-20min and I still didn't get a response from her but I'm sure she was super busy getting stuff for the BBQ. So I decided to give it one last try...so I traced my steps back to the main road and went slow to give it my last try and I finally found it!!!!!  Once I got there the temperature had dropped so I was totally not prepared for the weather..,and neither was Shaun. So we stayed for a couple hours and I talked to Martha and some of the other moms that I knew and some that I didn't. It was good fun and I'm glad I went. I even made plans with Martha for her and the boys to come over next Sunday...our first  guest!!!!!!  Then we left and went to do a little shopping...need stuff for dinner and food for the week. I left a little later than expected so I had to rush in and out pretty quick so I could make it back to the house for us to FaceTime with Mike's family. When I got home I found out the Lino had pooped again in his diaper from his nap...so my predictions of a bad day was in point...that kid is going to test our very last nerve...he is thick!!!  By this time it was starting to rain so was were trying to figure out what we were going to do about the BBQ and we decided to use the garage!!! Hahahaha...it's almost like our first party in TX that we had for Labor Day and it rained and no one came except our bestie Alicia and so we had all his food so we just set up the grill in the garage and had a BBQ...lots of fun...oh the good ol days.  So Mike made his famous crazy burgers and while he was grilling he said we needed a beer so I made a quick beer run. I love it that I can buy eggs, a loaf of bread, beer, wine, potatoes, even a scone and get gas all in one place!!!!!   So we had dinner and it was great...I'm so glad crazy burgers are just as good in Ireland as they are in Texas



Oh those chips were a mess because Mike tried to cook them for me while I was out for the beer run.  I almost trashed them but was able to salvage them...and they turned out pretty good.  Since its Sunday that means football so Mike had the Jets game on TV so he was all into that. We had lots of FaceTime after dinner...Nini & PopPop, then my mom then my dad...whew...exhausting. It's grandparents day so it was nice to be  able to tell the grands hey. So the Jets and the Chiefs won so it was a great day for football. Oh there was a serous hurling match on too that everyone was watching...can't remember who was playing it I'm sure it was Cork and somebody else...anyway the game ended in a tie so the match has to be played again. I can't believe there is no overtime or tie breaker...oh well...maybe we will catch the rematch...or maybe not if it's on football Sunday.  So excited to be able to say ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment