Friday 23 August 2013

Cars and Animals!!

Friday:

Lino must have been completely wiped out from yesterday because we had to wake him up at 8:15 so we could take Mike to work...poor baby. So today we planned to go to the Brooklodge mom & tot group in Glanmire but it didn't start until 10:30 so we hung out at the apt for a while until it was time to go. Lino must have been really board because around 9:30 he was like "let's go mom"...that kid. I was able to stall him for a little and then before we left he told me "somebody needs to come clean this place". I asked him, "why did you say that?"  His response "it's a mess in here" hahahahahaha. I was dying laughing...I even had tears it was so funny and so true all at the same time. We are so on top of each other hear that it just stays a mess...plus I try to spend as little time here as possible because I'm so over being in this apt but the tidiness of the place kind of suffers...oops. Anyway, I had a good laugh. So we get to the community center and I see a lot of moms packing up their kids...well I couldn't exactly tell if they were packing or unpacking but once I saw a few car loads of kids drive away I knew something was up. One mom finally stopped to tell me they canceled for today because of some repairs so they were going to go to Monkey Maze instead...no problem for me but Lino was not OK with it. I told him we were going to go to another fun place because this place was closed and he was like "let me see". That kid is so stinking smart...he knows I try to trick him sometimes and he wasn't about to be fooled today...except today I wasn't tricking him. So I had to talk him down from a ledge because he was seriously upset about not going to the play group...even with me telling him we would go to Monkey Maze instead (I guess because he's never been there so he didn't really know what it was going to be like). I had to take him to the building to see it was closed and 2 people even told him it was closed and he still wanted to go inside...seriously kid????  So I just put him in the seat because there was no negotiating with him. Once he realized we weren't going to the play group he started asking if we could go to the monkey place...I figured he would change his tune if I said we were going back to the hotel ;-)   So we get there and he was super excited. I sat and talked to a few of the moms but I could barely focus because I was so worried he needed to go potty and was going to have an accident I spent the first hr or so looking for him. Finally I had to find him so I went on a search and a couple of the moms helped me look for him too (they sent their older kids into the maze to find him...he wasn't hard to spot since he was the only mixed or black kid there...hahaha too funny). I knew he was safe because the put a little chip on them so if they leave without getting the chip removed it will alarm which is really nice...I was just worried about the accident. But one of the moms found him playing with one of the toy machines so I was able to convince him to go potty. After that I just let him play...he didn't seem to need any help from me. So I had a nice couple hours of adult conversation which is nice. I learned all about the traveling Irish Gypsies and how to spot them...kind of weird and interesting all at the same time.  I'm not sure I really know to spot them but I guess you could pick them out...learn something new every day. Then they had cake for one of the kids birthday and Lino asked me when we were going to eat?? Eat??? He never asks to eat so he must be hungry so I got him something to eat which he didn't really eat at that time but eventually I was able to get him to eat.  We spent the whole day there since he was having fun and I didn't have any other plans. Around 3:30 we started to pack our stuff up to go...I had to do a little convincing to get him out of there but it went pretty easy I must say. I had planned to go to the store before getting Mike so that i could get some stuff for breakfast but Mike was ready to go when we left so we just went to pick him up. We went by Fitzpatrick's to get something sweet for dessert then headed back to the apt. Mike and I got to talk about work again which was cool...I get to be like an advisor or something because he gets to bounce ideas off me and I get to learn something new about drinks. He had a crazy week so I think it was kind of nice for him to be able to talk about what was going on because I could kind of relate...at least I could relate to my working days ;-)   Then Mike gives me the update on the move, the moving people can unpack our stuff on Thu & Fri next week if we want so I need to decide by Monday what I want to do. I am so ready to be in the house because this apt sucks (too small) but its also a little convenient since we are so close to the city center then again I don't want to do the unpacking by myself (well be at the house by myself while the movers unpack)...so many factors to such a little question.   Mike also called the lady about the car we saw on Monday. We really like the car and it works perfectly for us so we just need to get it and stop making a fuss about €200...unfortunately she didn't answer so we will have to wait to hear back from her. The car is still listed so unless she sold it and didn't update the post we should be ok...if its sold that would really suck.  


So we had planned to just stop at the apt for a few min to change clothes and then go back out to get the few things we needed for breakfast but we ended up laying around until we left for the city. Once we finally got motivated we took a walk down to the city to see a car show...we weren't exactly sure what kind of show it was going to be but we knew there would be a bunch of cars and Lino would like it so what the heck. It was kind of chilly so I brought jackets for the boys and Mike combined his summer and winter apparel in order to prepare for the walk...an interesting combo to me but ok...



On the way down we stopped at the Clarion to see if they had our blanket that we left there back in June :-)  Actually we needed a diversion for Mike to be able to use the restroom so we thought we might check on the blanket as well and surprisingly they had it...sweet!  We also found out that the car show was like a race then a kind of a car parade and it was going to be really close to the Clarion so we were in the right spot. In the end it was just a bunch of random cars driving around but I think Lino had fun even tho he thought it was too loud. There were a couple cool cars and even Chewbaca showed up which was funny...

Lino enjoying the cars...but not the sound.



Mommy and Shaun were not to interested in the cars but we had a good time sucking in the fumes from all the cars revving down the little alley. 

Chewy!!!!

Back to the future...



The car parade didn't last very long which was good because I swear I was getting high from all the fumes but Lino was really excited to see all the cars and it was something for us to do so a win win for everyone. Since it was getting a little late and I didn't have anything planned for dinner we decided to try The Fish Wife because we heard they had some of the best fish & chips...which they did!! Mike got Cod I had Hake and Lino had sausage...oh Shaun had a french fry because he was determined to have something in his hand. It was a cheap take away place but pretty darn good fish & chips...I can't wait to go back!!!  The only thing that sucked was that you have to pay €0.30 per 2oz container if ketchup!!! Crazy but us Americans need our ketchup on or fries so it had to be done. We ordered like 4 containers because there was a million fries in each container and the guy must have thought we were crazy because he was like "4??? Really???" Then he only made us pay for 3...hahaha. 



While we were eating Lino had to go pee like 3x and there was no restroom so Mike just took him to go pee outside the shop. I couldn't believe he had to go so many times...I actually think he just liked the idea of peeing on the building in public. Thankfully we didn't get in trouble. So we finished our fish & chips then walked back to the apt...but we stopped to get some ice cream for our pie that we got at Fitzpatrick's and then a bottle of wine because it was that kind of week. Friday is Mike's day to do bath so he did that while I tried to clean up a little. Somehow Lino convinced Mike that he should watch a movie before bed so he ended up watching Cars but Mike fast forworded it to close to the end so it was only like 20min left in the movie when he started watching it.  Even tho we had made this arrangement with Lino that he would watch a movie then go to sleep he of course didn't want to hold up his part of the deal once the movie was over...he never seems to remember the deal when it's his turn to pay up. So we had a little tantrum but it didn't last long because he was tired...so he was out after a few min!!! We were pretty excited about that and we were planning to watch a show in the sling box until Shaun went to sleep then we were going to have our wine and pie...well Shaun must have not agreed with that plan because he didn't go to sleep until almost midnight...thanks Shaun. So we barely got to watch the sling box because it was so slow and choppy we both wanted to throw the thing out and we didn't really get much quality time because Shaun didn't want to sleep even tho he was sleepy. And he was a little fussy because he wanted constant attention since he was tired...geeze o peez o kid.  So our traditional Friday night quality time without the boys will have to wait until tomorrow...maybe we can get the boys in bed early so we can have more thana hr of freedom...MAYBE. 



Saturday:

We all slept in...well except Shaun...he was rolling over all night and waking himself up so he was up almost every hr (yikes). Since we didn't get stuff to make breakfast (unless we wanted cereal again) we decided to go to Liberty Grill for a 2nd round of brunch :-). Thankfully the weather was nicer today than it was last Saturday so we were able to walk down without having to abort mission half way down the hill.  On the way there we ran into the President/CEO of Pepsi and his wife. They are super nice and we had a good chat about living in Kansas City, Dubai and Ireland.  I actually didn't know who he was until we walked away and I was like "what the heck does he do to live on Dubai for 7yrs and love next to Derrick Thomas in Kansas City???"  Once Mike reminded me who he was it all made sence...hope I didn't embarrass Mike because I was complaining about my hair and the rain in Ireland to them :-0   Hahahaha...oh well...that's who I am.  So we had awesome timing getting to the restaurant because we got there and there really wasn't a wait which was nice but about 20min after we got there a line formed with about 4 groups ...thank goodness we didn't have to wait. So we all got the same thing we got last week...we are kind of creatures of habit. It was just as good as the first time. Mike finally got his hands on one of the scones and he was happy. It wasn't super great but it was good.  A nice start to our Saturday...we won't be visiting this place as often when we move so we had to take advantage of bieng so close.  

Lino took his traditional Liberty Grill dump then we went to get Mike coffee at the chocolate place...and a brownie too of course. We went to look for some protein bars for Mike at the Tesco but they were out and right next to the store was a barber so Mike & Lino got their first Irish haircut!!! When they were waiting in line we noticed the prices for haircuts varied depending on the day. So a Sat cut was €1 more and a Sun cut was €2 more...crazy. But even with the up charge the haircut for both of them was less than the GreatClips cuts at home so I guess it wasn't a big deal. 


The lady cutting Lino hair was not very nice and had no patience for little people because she kept getting frustrated with Lino when he would turn his head to talk to me...I don't think we will be coming back here again...not cool lady not cool. 


After haircuts we did a little shopping and I found clear solid deodorant for men in the Boots pharmacy so that was pretty cool...all hope isn't loss for Mike. 
  

Then I looked for a cookbook because for some reason I'm feeling like I need to increase my recipe base and I wanted to get a Jamie Oliver cookbook but they are freaking €37-€40 which is like $48-$50...way too much for me to spend on a cookbook so I'll have to stick with the online recipes for now. Mike thought I was crazy for wanting a cookbook because we have several already that I never use but I told him now that I'm a SHM I will have a little more time to so some real cooking so it's the perfect time to add cookbooks to our inventory...he wasn't really buying it but he played along anyway.  Then I told him me and Lino were going to make us a little herb garden at the house and he just gave me the "yeah right look"...hahaha. Well I don't know if we really will but I think we should...it's not like in Texas where we know the herbs will die from the sun, here it should be easy to keep a little herb garden but we will see how it goes. On the walk back to the apt we were trying to figure out what we were going to do for the day and we decided to go to Leahy's Open Farm in Midleton...since it wasn't raining. The only issue was going to be how do we keep Lino woke for the drive there???  We thought we had a plan but by the time we got to the hotel both of the boys were out!!!  Guess we need to change our plans....



We were so excited that they both were sleeping...this hardly ever happens so we better enjoy it while it last...

And the moment didn't last long because Shaun was up after about 15min...oh well. But the big monster was out for about 1.5hrs so that was sweet...

he's so cute when he's sleeping. 

The wake up pose 


At this point our plans to do anything kind of went out the window. We talked about going to the movies to see Planes but it was showing too late to go, eat and get Lino in bed at a decent time. Then we said we would go to Leahy's Open Farm but then the clouds came in and I didn't want to be on the farm in the rain. Then Mike wanted to go back to Eco for dinner but they were all booked for the night.  So finally we just decided to go shopping today and do Leahy's Farm on Sunday. So that's what we did then we ate at the hotel bar. The funny part is that Mike said we should call to make a reservation and I was like there is no way we need a reservation for dinner at a hotel but we did...they were all booked in the real restaurant so we had to eat in the bar area. Crazy but ok. It was good and bad because there was plenty of room for Lino to run around and no one really seemed to mind but that meant Lino was running around the whole time...can't win for loosing. The food was ok, nothing to write home about. Then bath and bed for the boys and we actually got about 1.5hrs of free time without them...I think it's been almost 2 weeks since we've had this much kid free time. So we got to enjoy our apple crumble pie with ice cream and a glass if wine while we watched the sling box. Then Shaun rolled over and woke himself up and the sling box started going crazy so it was time for bed. 



Sunday:

Even tho we were doing good this week wit getting the bed back last night I was too tired so I didn't fight it...they were both in the bed and Mike had to abandon ship because Lino had him on the edge of the bed with only enough room for his side to lay on...poor daddy...so he went to the other room. Once we got up I made breakfast tacos that turned out ok and we got dressed and headed out. Mike made a quick pit stop at the coffee place but they weren't open yet so he had to get coffee somewhere else :-0 he was not happy about that. The we drove to Leahy's Farm and Lino fell asleep of course so he was super cranky when we got there and woke him up. Once he woke up he was happy to be at the farm but he wanted to play in the playground area for like 30min and Mile told him "we didn't pay good money for you to play at the playground...so lets go see some animals!"  Hahahaha...it didn't quite have the effect Mike intended but eventually he was ready to see the animals. We had got there right before the first feeding of the day so that was cool to see. On the way to the feeding area there were a bunch of chickens &geese that you could feed bread to so Lino wanted to feed then of course. At first it was cool but then the geese started getting rough and jumping up to Lino's hand to get the food before the other one did and it scared the crap out of me & Mike. We thought the geese might jump and snap Lino's finger so we tried to keep him back but he didn't want to move back...he wasn't afraid of them snapping at him at all...crazy kid.  At the feeding section they pulled out a corn snake for the kids to see/touch and even put the snake on the kids if they were willing. Then they let the kids find the eggs in the chicken coup but Lino must not have understood or didn't care for those instructions because all he wanted to do was crack the eggs. The farmer was able to stop him from cracking about 3 eggs but the 4th one Lino just threw on the ground and it cracked and the chickens went crazy for it...I had no idea they loved to eat their own eggs so much. You would have thought it was the best thing they ever ate...they pounced on it!!!!  Then they let the kids feed the baby lambs...but I think these lambs weren't babies...more like preteens but they loved getting milk from the coke bottle...I couldn't get a picture on my phone but it was funny. Next was milking the goat...Lino wasn't interested so he went to find the fire truck and tractors. Then a ride around the farm in the dirt bike train, a little manual go karting and some big piggies.  In between each area Lino had to go back to the fire truck and drive daddy...he loves driving.  We spent about 3hrs there and Mike convinced Lino to leave by buying him a scoop of ice cream...it actually worked and we left with no fight at all...I guess it was worth it. 


Lino driving daddy on the fire truck...and Lino yelling at me to not take a picture but obviously I didn't listen. 

Mike taking a little break on the swings

Lino driving while Mike pushes him on the go karts. It took about 1/2 a lap for Lino I get the hang of driving and turning the wheel...by the time he was 2/3 thru the course he wasn't running into the side walls any more. Mike says he takes after him with driving...not sure if that's good or bad but ok whatever. 

Lino is so brave...he kept trying to grab the snakes face and he would not listen to us that it was dangerous. But he thought it was cool to have the snake on him. 


A cool day at the farm. But sometimes I wonder why I subject myself to such torture because the whole time we were there I was freaking out about germs. I think Lino washed his hands about 10x and sanitized then 20x but that still wasn't enough for me. Then I was worried about Shaun being in the farm and picking something up from the air or the stroller flinging something into his mouth...I was just a reck. But we all had fun. The drive back was about 35mim and Lino fell asleep again...of course. When we got to the apt I told Mike to just take him out and wake him up because it was after 4 and I didn't want him to sleep to long and not be ready for bed tonight. So we woke him up but once we got into the room he climbed up on the couch and went back to sleep until we woke both of them up at 5...Lino was tired...maybe the nap won't be so bad :-/   It ended up not being horrible...he was a little cranky at first but Mike started messing with his trains then chasing him so he was happy. We had reservations to go to Man Friday in Kinsale...kind of a celebration dinner. The directions the GPS gave us were kind of weird but it got us there. Dinner was very good and since we knew Lino was on the edge of being cranky we took his iPad for him to watch a movie...good move too.  Mike and I kind of decided we should go ahead with the move on Thu and Fri instead of waiting until the next week...we are just ready to be in the house with our stuff so I think Mike will call on Monday to make the arrangements. Everyone at the restaurant  commented on how good and cute the boys were and oh'ed and ah'ed over Shaun...kind of maked us feel like we have cute kids. The drive home was interesting...my horrible sense of direction husband thought he could find he way out of Kinsale without help and he ended up taking us around the west cork coast...seriously Mike?? Hahaha...I love him but he's not the best at navigating in new places and sometimes old places...hahahaha. But we found our way out and made it home safe and sound...everyone was knocked out in the car so Mike didn't have to hear me fuss about his crazy driving :-)  Back at the apt it was the normal bath and bedtime routine...Lino wanted to hear Bom Bom Pow on my phone so I played it like 10x then let him watch the video before bed...he got a kick out of it. Oh, we also tried to FaceTime with my mom again but unfortunately it still wasn't working. My sister even tried to FaceTime her and no dice but she was able to call us no problem...weird. Eventually she got it to work but by that time the boys were in bed and I was heading to bed so we will have to reschedule for another time. Well...yet another week in Cutaia history..,

No comments:

Post a Comment