Monday 26 August 2013

We have a car!!!!!

Last night wasn't a great night of sleeping but probably was due to over tiredness of the whole family. I wasn't sure what that meant for my day but it wasn't good. Lino was up at half 2 and Mike tried to abandon ship again but Lino put the smack down on that...told Mike to stay in the bed and he gave him about 6 inch if bed to sleep on...talk about rough sleeping arrangements :-)  but he was finally able to escape when Lino told him they should go sleep in Lino's room...hahahaha. But Lino didn't last long in there and he was back in the bed with me...fighting for Shaun's spot regardless of what side I put Shaun on. Finally he went back to sleep and Shaun and I got up...10min later Mike was up and 10min after that Lino was up. All up and well rested!!!! NOT!!!!!! No use complaining...so Mike and I got ready while Lino decided if he wanted breakfast or not. Finally he settled on a bowl of pops cereal that he had to get yesterday but no milk...whatever Lino. We took Mike to work and Lino was so cranky he didn't even tell Mike to be careful or that he loved him...poor Mike. Once we got back home Lino seemed to have found his reset button because he was in a pretty good mood. I didn't have to fight with him to much to get dressed and he was ready to go to the playground so so far so good. 

Once we got to the playground my friend Annett had just arrived too and Lino ran over to see her baby boy who is only about 11 weeks old. He just wanted to kiss all over him...he loves babies and he was actually really sweet and soft with him. He helped her with her bags but wouldn't help me...go figure. There wasn't very many people at the playground when we first got there which was nice but after about a hr it was packed.  At some point Lino came running over to me with half a banana...where the heck did he get a banana from??? He must have got it from some mom and I missed it...I kind of felt bad because he was eating some other kids snack...I brought him snacks but he didn't want them. Finally I was able to convince him to eat his own snacks. We spent about 2hrs there and Annett was about to leave and Lino told me he pee pee'd in his pants...seriously Lino?!?!?  So we left too. We stopped at Fitzpatrick's for a sandwich because I love that place and I got some tuna salad from the salad bar...I have no idea why but I've been dying to try it. I tried to get Lino something but all he wanted was a peanut butter sandwich and he had like a million of them last week so I told him he couldn't have any this week...we will see how long I last with my threat.  When we were leaving I told Lino it was nap time since he had an accident and he old me be wasn't tired. But not even 10min later he was sleep but I kept messing with him so that he wouldn't really go to sleep until we or home and he told me "I'm tired mommy...I just want to go to sleep". Really??? That never happens. I knew he would be tired especially with that crazy sleeping last night. So I figured if I could keep him sleepy but not sleep he would go to sleep pretty easy once we got back to the apt...wrong!  I got him changed into a diaper and he wanted me to read him a book so I did and then he told me to stand outside in the hallway...that's our compromise instead of laying in the bed with him, so I was sure he was going to go to sleep but nope. He did lay there for a good 30min and finally I walked by to see if he was sleep and he was just looking up at the ceiling so I told him to get up...he was like "I'm not tired...I feel good!"  Yeah right...lets see how well you feel I about 3hrs when you are dead tired. Since I knew he wasn't really in any condition to socialize I just decided to stay in for the rest of the day...which turned out to be a good decision...I think. Lino played pretty much by his self for most of the time and I started dinner. Shaun sat in the swing for about a hr which was nice then I tried to play a game with Lino in the iPad and everything was going good until he pee'd a little...I could have killed him. This is what he does when he's really tired...accidents after accidents. I had enough so I put a diaper on him and he wasn't happy about that but I didn't have the energy to run around after him begging him to go pee and washing all the pee pee clothes.  He protested but I told him since he had 2 accidents he had to put a diaper on..."no mommy"... Whatever kid!  So it was getting close to time to go get Mike, we had arranged to go get the car we saw last week and made and appt to see another car too. That last hr at the apt was brutal...Shaun was just having a fit crying because he wanted to be held...he was tired and I tried to get him to go to sleep in the swing but he was determined to be held and Lino was being a not so helpful brother (but otherwise good). I finally got dinner ready and packed to eat in the car and Lino comes over to me and says "look" as he turns around for me to see his back...I'm like what am I looking at Lino and I check his diaper and there was poopies in there...are you freaking kidding me...I couldn't even deal with that at that moment. I know he did that to get me upset so I just ignored it and told him he was going to have to sit in his poop until we got back home...we were already 30min late. Dear God!

So we get Mike and he txt me that this weeks moving dates aren't available anymore..,seriously. So we have to wait until Mon & Tue next week to move...it kind of sucks because I was getting myself ready for the move but then again it will be nice to have Mike home to help...oh well. It is what it is so next week  it is. I gave Mike a quick rundown of my day and he just shook his head. Lino went to sleep a few min after I got Mike so we kept bothering him to keep him up...he didn't like that at all...but it worked. We got the the first place and saw the car..,I had actually called about the car almost 2 weeks ago and never heard back so I assumed it was sold but apparently the guy was on holidays so he was just getting back and getting a chance to respond to the messages. The car was nice and the price was pretty good too. I told Mike we should just get it even if we don't drive it that way we are done with the car search...it was in good condition and priced well soooooo...we will see. Then we drove up the road and bought our first car in Ireland!!!!  I left to get the boys ready for bed while Mike did the deal and drove it home. It's crazy that we own a car but its way over due. We both like the car and even tho it's like a station-wagon it's perfect for what we need...one car down one to go. 
 



Even tho it was early (for us) it was time to put Lino in bed. So after a quick shower and a little fussing we got Lino in bed around 8:45....a new record for Ireland!!! He was pretty pooped so everything we did sparked tears so we knew it was time. Now the only question is how long will it last tonight??? Hard to tell...I don't even want to guess because I won't be even close. Since Lino was sleep early we figured we would watch a little sling box but it wasn't working good...too many people on it so it was super choppy. So we had over a hr to talk to each other...and what did we do???? Play games on our phone or surf the net...what is this world coming to. Shaun wasn't really sleepy so I guess it wasn't that easy just to chat because we were constantly trying to entertain him. And we must have bad a silent farting competition going on because we were both blowing up the apt and each other with disgusting silent stink bomb killer farts...not sure what we ate but whatever it was it was brutal on our bellies. I know it's gross but that's part of life. So Mike set off the last 2 bombs and it was so bad I had to use a random card to fan the stink away from me and Shaun. I accidentally hit his head when I was fanning and he thought that was the funniest thing ever. It was so cute..,he was dying laughing so Mike got a little video of him. I don't know if it was the actual card hitting his face that was so fun or if he was loosing his mind because of all the farts...either way it was great fun for all of us.  

Now it's time for some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment