Tuesday 27 August 2013

Lino's starting his learning school!!!!

Today we went to a coffee morning that was coffee and lunch so a full day which was nice for us because I had nothing planned for the day. Last night Lino ended up in the bed pretty early and eve tho I told Mike it was his job to put him back in his room if he came in before 7 somehow all 3.5 of us ended up sleeping in the bed...Shaun joined late in the night/morning. Mike said he was tired so he didn't want to fight with Lino so hopefully he's fully rested now because Lino will start his learning school on Wed so I want him to be rested...if that's possible. Since we have 2 cars for the moment Mike was able to drive his self to work while we got ready. Lino was in pretty good spirits so he got ready in about 40min...that includes eating the little breakfast that he had. Since he was so efficient we had time to spare so hung out and played a few games. Then we headed to the playgroup which wasn't very far. Today's host had a really nice house that she & her husband had remodelled. So it was all custom and cool and spacious. She was such a good host and she had a million toys & a big trampoline in the front...a total kid haven. Lino had a ball and made friends with the older boys of course and they didn't seem to mind playing with him either so that was nice. When Lino wasn't wrestling with the big boys he was lining up all the cars and trucks and he didn't want to share. He is kind of OCD when it comes to lining up the cars and if anyone gets close to them he looses it and if you move a car to the wrong spot he will be so upset...it's bad. So that means a lot of little tug of war fights with the other kids because Lino basically had 90% of the cars lined up and one small toddler kept trying to get some of the cars and Lino kept knocking him over to get him out of the way. I kept telling him to share but he was like "but mom he keeps knocking the cars over...he's messing them up!"  Oh Lino...finally I told him it was either share or go home and he found it in his heart to share...but only a few select cars. So we had out cakes and coffee the the host made some lunch...super nice and gracious I must say. I kept asking Lino if he wanted to eat but he couldn't be bothered with stopping to eat. The only thing he ate was a cookie for going potty and a fruit kebab stick...it's hard to tell if he would be hungry later because he can go on barely anything and be fine. I figured if he was hungry he would say something and he would eat. I was glad to be able to spend a few hrs there talking to the moms (actually listening more than talking) and Lino was able to play with other kids without me!!!!  But the fun had to end at some point and when it did it was a fight with Lino...I ended up having to pick him up and carry him out kicking & screaming. Sometimes I wonder what is going thru his mind because its just not that serious. Anyway he wasn't dying so it was all good. 

Since we were close to a Tesco I decided to stop by to get a few things before we went back to the apt. The Tesco couldn't have been 5 min away but Lino feel asleep...despite my best efforts to keep him up and when I woke him up to get out of the car he was peeing in his sleep...oh the pee pee accidents just keep coming. I knew he had to go but he wouldn't go before we left so I thought we could make it to the Tesco and I would be able to get him to go there because I knew if he went to sleep he was going to have an accident...and he did. So now he's half sleep, tired and annoyed because I put a diaper on him so it was not a fun shopping trip. Even tho I only went in to get 3 or 4 things I came out 45min later with a bag full of crap...going to try something new for dinner tomorrow. I asked Lino like a million times if he wanted me to get him something to eat and he kept saying no but I got him some lunch meat anyway...just in case. Once we were done with our shopping I checked out and had to fight with the cashier lady at the self check out about my receipt. It looked like she charged me twice then she gave me a receipt that said transaction cancelled so I wasn't sure what happened...I guess it's right. We get home wait for Mike to get home and he takes Lino with him for a jog while I make dinner. After dinner I put Lino to bed and he was so pooped he actually went to sleep around 8:45 which is amazing for us these days. Tomorrow is first day of learning school so I hope he gets some rest. 



Wednesday:

Well last night Mike got up at 3am...why you might ask??? Because of his fantasy football draft...he won't get up to put his son back in his bed because he is too tired but he can get up for a hr in the middle of the night to do fantasy football...something is wrong with that picture but ok. So since this was Lino's first day at the school Mike wanted to go with us to drop him off...that was nice. Lino was up around 7:15 so it was plenty of time to get him ready to go. I sat up with him and Shaun for the first leg (breakfast) while Mike got a little more sleep then he finished him off (clothes). I figured while I had a little help I would wash my hair and maybe while Lino was gone I could dry and straighten it. Mike thought I was crazy for washing it because he thought I was going to make us late but I was right on time!  Mine didn't know exactly how to get there so he followed me, we had to stop to get gas first and Mike tells me that the car took 2 tries to start-up...no bueno. Maybe we should have got it checked out by a mechanic...oh well...or maybe it was nothing??  We had plenty of time to make it there I thought but I didn't prepare for the school traffic which was a little much in Glanmire...but we made it there pretty much on time. Mike was so funny he was like "I'm completely lost..,I have no idea where we are" hahahaha. So we take Lino in and he runs in...no hesitation at all. We talk to Mrs Joan for a little while and I find out that I was suppose to pack him a snack...shi*!!!  And since we didn't know how much the fee was I was going to have to go to the store anyway to get cash so I told her I would bring it right back (suck a bad mom). All the other kids had book bags and lunch boxes and everything...I was so not prepared. Anyway he was fine and now I had another task to complete during my 3hrs of freedom. So we left and I tried to give Mike directions on how to get to work but he looked completely lost so I wasn't sure if he was going to make it there before lunch ...hahaha.  I ended up calling him to try and talk him thru the first turn because after that he should be able to figure it out...and he did. So I raced to Supervalu to get some "snacks" got Lino which wasn't easy because all the snacks are so different and what's easy to find is junk so it took me a little bit to figure out what I was going to get him. Where's the Cheeze It's and Gold Fish when you need them...eventually I found a few items that's weren't fried or filled with artificial sweeteners...fruit and baked crackers and an all juice juice box...whew that was hard work. I even made my first Danone purchase...got Lino some Gervais or Danimals if you're in the States. Actually the Danone kid selection was pretty pathetic so if Lino doesn't like these we might have to try the store brand or the arch enemy Yoplait...we will cross that bridge when we get there. 



 After my small snack shopping adventure I went to check out only o discover that I don't have my credit card...are you serious!?!?!?  I must have left it at Tesco yesterday when I was fighting with that cashier...at least I hope that's where it's at. It wasn't a complete bust, I just used the debit care and got the cash to pay Joan so that at least worked out. Now back to the school to drop off Lino's snack then back to the apt to try and finish my hair. By the time I got back it was almost 10...where did that hour go????  So I start in on my hair which is no small feat...first I have to find a converter for the hand dryer then my flat iron then had to stop to feed Shaun change Shaun and play with him for a min...now it's almost 10:30 and I'm just now starting to dry my hair. After about 1.5min of my dryer half way working the converter started smoking and my dryer stopped...great...my hair is half dry and I have no dryer. So I try and think of other options to dry and I finally come up with ask the receptionist...I needed to ask them to send someone up to look at the smoke detector that was beeping anyway so we took a walk to the front office. The lady said there was one in my room but I told her there wasn't one then she said she would have someone being it to me "straight away" which in my short experience can mean anywhere from 1hr to never and since I didn't have that kind of time I told her I would wait for it because then she couldn't forget. Thankfully it only took a few min and I was able to finish drying...the drying process works so much better when you have the right tools. Next was straightening...and since my hair is on the brink of needing a new straightening treatment this was a critical step. I got about 1/2 way thru and it was 11:20 and Shaun was done sitting and watching mommy play make up...so the second half went a lot quicker and didn't get as much attention as I wanted it to but it worked out in the end. I was able to get out of the apt and get Lino and I was only 5min late. I texted Mike and he was surprised I made it in time too...it's moments like that that make me miss my stylist Tim...but at least I don't look like a hobo anymore...



We were rushing out of the apt so fast this morning that I forgot to take a picture of Lino and when he got to school he was too busy so I didn't get one then either. But after school I kind of tricked him into taking a picture even tho he was like "don't take my picture mom!!!" And he was serious...as you can tell...anyway I got a pic but will have to try again tomorrow to make it a little better. 



On the drive back to the apt Lino was telling me about his day and he said he had lots of fun so that was great. He really enjoyed it I could tell...or maybe he just liked it because there are new toys there...either way he was excited to go back tomorrow. Then as expected, within five minutes of us getting in the car Lino fell asleep...I knew he would. I tried everything to keep him awake and somehow was able to keep him from completely zonking out. I figured it would be easy to get him to nap but that was a joke. He wanted to eat when got in which was fine so I made him a grilled cheese and he ate a whole sandwich but it took him over a hr to eat it...he is super slow. Then I fought with him for 45min about going to sleep and somewhere in there he finally fell asleep...such a battle. I sometimes wonder if its worth it but I know he will be in a better mood if he naps. Then I worked on dinner for a while, fed Shaun and finally got him to sleep.  My mom was finally able to FaceTime me so that was nice, we talked for a while and she got to see Shaun sleeping (nothing exciting but the grandparents love to see the babies awake or sleep). After all that I ended up with about 30min of freedom and what did I do...surf the web...such a waste of my 30min but oh well. I said I was going to wake Lino up but I couldn't bring myself to do it but he woke up about 15min after the time I said I would wake him up so it was perfect. He was nice and happy but it was 3:45 so I knew it was going to be an interesting night time. Since it was so late I didn't want to leave the apt so we played games then went outside to wait for Mike. I let Lino "run around" and he says "you mean I can run around???"  I said "yup, you can run around out here"  Lino "oh thank you thank you thank you mommy!" He is so funny. So he runs in a circle for a little while then comes over to me to start a conversation and says his new favorite conversation starting phrase "it's not going to be that bad...it is or it's not...right mommy??"  What the heck do you say to that??? Every time he says that I just laugh and say "no, it's not going to be that bad". Love that kid. So he races back and forth for a while until Mike gets there then I hand over both boys to Mike and go back to the room. mike looked at me like "hey...why are you leaving me with both kids"...I didn't even hesitate I told him they want daddy time. Hahahah. They played outside for a while and Mike texted me to say he couldn't get Lino out of the car so I have him a tip and he was finally able to come in. Then he took both boys on a jog with him and I put dinner in the oven. When we sat down to eat Lino was like "I'm hungry so I have to eat...I can't wait to say grace". Seriously??? Lino hungry...but he looked at what I had for him and he wasn't sure...I made a new recipe...double mushroom and spinach strudel, and he had never eaten anything like that so he wasn't sure. Then he was like "I'm done mommy"...that's Lino for I don't want what you've cooked. So my rule is try one bite and if you don't like it fine...so he tried one bite and that was the end if him not liking it...we barely got him to put it down so we could say grace.  Anyway it was a good moment...he was loving it and it was stuffed with good veggies unbeknownst to him...loads of mushrooms, spinach and bell peppers...definitely adding this to my recipe book!!!  Unfortunately he ate a little too slow and daddy had killed the rest of his portion...he's gotta be fast in this family. So tonight was Mikes night to do bath and bed and it went ok other than Lino not being tired and wanting to see someone while he was in the bed...if its not one thing it something else. It took about 1.5hr of Lino laying in the bed before he went to sleep...maybe I need to cut his nap down to 1hr max :-/   Mike wasn't a happy camper because that meant he had to stay in the hallway 1.5hrs so Lino could see him...whew...glad it was daddy's turn...




Thursday:


Day 2 of school and Lino is up at 7 and excited about going to school. So "it wasn't that bad" getting him ready. I figured I would go to Tesco to get my card the go to the farmers market for a few things while Lino was at school. So I got all my crap together and I was able to convince Lino to take a pic for school...he was happy because he got to take his Thomas book bag that he got for his birthday. 


Today was a little better for the drop off...got Lino there right at 9 and I was able to fill out a little paperwork in the car before I left. Then to Teaco for a few bits then the Farmers Market just to have a look and to get a few sweets because they are pretty amazing. I spent about 2hrs there and was debating on if I had enough time to go drop the food off at the apt and make it to Ballycotton seafood before I had to pick Lino back up...it was pushing it but I did it.  I had to take the crazy back road to the apt but it saved me like 5 min and I needed every min I could get. Thankfully the road wasn't very busy so I only had to encounter one other car which was nice. 

So I made it back to get Lino just in time but even tho I was on time he was still the last kid to be picked up. Another mom was just in front of me so I guess it wasn't that bad...there goes what phrase again...I guess I do say it quite a bit so that's why Lino is always saying it. Today Lino wasn't as sleepy as he was on Monday so we made it back to the apt without him falling asleep. He told me he was sharing and being nice to the other kids and that he drew a picture and built a castle...amazing!!!!  Back at the apt I made him lunch and then put him in the bed for a nap. He was debating with me that he wasn't tired but I told him he needed to rest. I tried something new and it seemed to work so I'll have to try it again tomorrow...I told him that he didn't have to go to sleep, if he wasn't tired he could just lay there but he had to lay there and not play and I was going to set the timer and he when it went off he could get up...he said ok! He loves this timer thing...of course I took advantage of the fact that he couldn't tell time so I set the timer for 2.5hrs (but I was only going to let him sleep an hr) then I read him a book and he laid down and no crying or protests and eventually he went to sleep...actually I don't think it took very long at all. So exciting!!!!!  Shaun on the other hand wasn't sleepy yet so he helped me prep for dinner. Once I was done with that and cleaning I had about 15min to spare...something Is better than nothing I guess. Then I went to set the alarm off hoping that Lino would hear it and wake up happy...but no. He heard it and I saw him rolling around and I told him that he could get up because the timer went off and he said he was still sleepy...wow...ok. I told him to come get me when he was ready to get up...I didn't want to push it because like I said I was praying for a good start-up. So after about 10min I was worried that he had fallen back asleep so I went in there with Shaun and let Shaun make some noise to get him going which it did. I told him that once he wakes up we could go to the park and that must have been the wrong thing to say because he started crying and screaming...about what I will never know. So I just left him alone and he screamed for another 5min until I went in to see if he was ready to calm down and as soon as I walked in I was knocked down by the smell of poop...if this kid pooped in his diaper I'm going to be so mad...yup...pooped in his diaper. LINO!!!!!!  So the punishment for that is a shower so he screamed because he didn't want to take a shower then he screamed because he butt was sore (I told him its because he was too big to poop in his diaper) then he screamed because he didn't want to wash his butt and he screamed for me...an afternoon of screams!  Eventually, I mean almost 20min he spent standing in the shower before he actually washed off and let me wash him, but eventually he got out and found his happy place. At this point it was too late to go to the park so we just stayed at the apt...again.  Shaun had just feel asleep while Lino was in the shower and I needed a moment to get over all the crying so Lino player his game and I blogged for a min. Then I had a snack of carrots and hummus and I asked Lino if he wanted any and he said no of course. After about 5 attempts to get him to try it he finally did...and liked it of course. When he ate the hummus he was like "that's what Nini buys me, we have that at Nini's house". Duh...that's what I've been trying to tell you sill kid. I guess once the initial shock wore off he sea covered that he really liked his snack and even allowed me to photograph the proof!!!  But he was so busy telling me about his snack he wouldn't stop talking for the picture...anyway I was glad he was having a healthy snack...and lots of it!



After snack we went outside to wait on Mike. Lino talked to every since person that came outside...he even tried to go into the apt with these old people!!!!  It's such a double edged sward with him...I'm super lucky he so friendly but it's scary that he would be willing to go with almost anyone if they talk to him. I gotta find a way to get a balance between being nice and being careful about strangers...God help me.  So I guess we were outside to long because Lino was ready to go inside before Mike got home so I had to stall him so we FaceTime with Nini...we actually had better reception outside than we usually do. Maybe it was because we were calling before the network was over loaded with people getting on after work or sight seeing...who knows. So a quick chat then Mike got here and Lino wanted to drive the car so Mike let him sit on his lap while he drove the car around the parking lot. I got a cool video if it too!  Then it was family walk day while the veggies cooked.  Mike gave me the update that we should be able to get the keys to the house on Friday evening which is cool then I got Nini & PopPop's itinerary for their visit in Nov...kind of exciting that we will have visitors this year and we talked a little about work...a nice walk and time to actually talk.  Once we got back we ate, bath then bed. Lino was sleep within 15min...sweet!!!!  One more day until the weekend...actually this week has gone by super quick but I'm looking forward to the weekend...even if we spend most of the time moving stuff into the house...that just means one step closer to finally getting settled. 


No comments:

Post a Comment