Monday 12 August 2013

Running on empty...running blind!!!!

Monday:

Another night of terror with the boys. Lino was in our bed by 2:30am and he was determined to sleep on top of my face!!!! I have no idea why he felt the need to be so close to my face but he did then he wanted to be next to Shaun...well basically on top of Shaun so that was another battle. I tried to put a pillow between him and I but after about an hr he was on top of the pillow...oh brother. Lino is a mess...he is in for a rude awakening when we get to the house. Mike and I already said we are going to have bedtime boot camp for both boys...it's going to be a nightmare I'm sure but it will be worth it in the end. 

Lino was up by 8am (even tho he didn't go to bed until after 11) so we took Mike to work so we could have the car...and he wouldn't have to leave work to come get us. We did our normal morning routine but while I was brushing my teeth Lino decided to pick up Shaun from the bed and...well, he kind of dropped him. Thankfully it wasn't that far from the bed to the floor and the floor was carpeted...that's so horrible. I'm such a horrible mommy...poor Shaun. I felt so bad, I was right there and not even 5sec and he was on the floor. It must not have hurt too bad because he didn't cry for long, after I picked him up it was only a min later that he stopped crying. What a start to the day. Geeze o peez o. After that nightmare of a start we headed to the play park in Glounthaune to meet up with my friend Annett and her 2 kids. Lino had fell asleep by the time we got there so he was a little cranky at first but eventually he warmed up. We stated there for a while and Lino did a little exploring in the bushes (well he actually went for a wee and wanted to climb). 


I think Lino had a good time and once the park quieted down a little he was able to get a little one on one time with his new friend Poly so that made all the difference. 

We made plans with Annett to go to Fota sometime this week or next so that will be loads of fun...can't wait. The rest of the night was pretty uneventful.  I tried to go to bed around 11 and after I put Shaun in his bed I finished up some laundry and a few other things and as soon as I got close to the bed he woke up...seriously Shaun?!?!?  He didn't even want anything but to know I was there...I had to hold him for like 30min before he would let me put him back down again...oh Shaun. 



Tuesday:

Lino was actually in the bed before Shaun...shocker...but still a nightmare.  Lino was up before Mike went to work so we all got up...can't wait until we have a car for me. So on the quite drive to work Mike tries to start some conversation by saying "I'm tired!" It took a sec for his comment to register, since I'm a little sleep deprived these days, then I have him the look of death. Are you serious??? Is he really complaining about being tired??? I don't freaking believe this. He was like "what?? Why are you looking at me like that?" I told him "you are out of your mind complaining to me about being tired, you have no right or room to complain about being tired...you go to bed at freaking 10 and sleep until 7:30...is 9.5hrs not enough?" His response, "hey I get up when Lino gets into the bed". At this point I could have drove the car into the nearby river...the nerve of him...when Lino gets into the bed Mike gets out of the over crowded bed and goes right back to sleep in Lino's bed...where it's nice and quite and peaceful...no foot sandwiches for late night snack, no rib kicks by a 3yr old and no baby attached to his boob all night...nothing but a bed and several pillows. So after I unloaded on him I told him if he ever complained to me about being tired I would kill him...and I will make sure it was painful. What an ass...but I think he got the point.  So after our great conversation to work I took the boys back to the apt and got them ready for the play date. Today we went to the city coffee morning. We spent pretty much the whole morning there. The lady has 3 boys so tons of cars, planes swords and stuff for Lino. Even tho there were a lot of kids there and a few his age, he still seemed to play mainly by himself. Maybe that's just his MO...idk...but he had a good time. So much so that he had an accident...I knew he was going to. I was able to catch him the first time and convinced him he needed to pee but the next time I missed him. I know he didn't want to stop laying and that was the reason he had an accident but its still a little frustrating. Oh well, no reason crying over pee pee accidents, so otherwise he was good and didn't want to leave.  I had to bribe him with brownies to leave the toy cars and to get into the car...such a battle.  Then, since we were close to Carrigaline I decide to stop by the Lidl to see if they have the dressing that we like...we are obsessed with finding this dressing. Even tho we looked when we were here a couple weeks ago I wanted to double check...and of course they didn't have it. Oh well. Next to Tesco. On the way there Lino fell asleep as expected to of course the good mother that I am I let him sleep in the car...the kid needed a nap :-)  He slept for about an hr and I looked for cars with Shaun. Once he woke up from his nap it was WWIII...he didn't want to walk or get into the cart/trolley...he wanted me to hold him but I wasn't able to with Shaun. So we sat outside the store for 20min while he screamed...eventually he found his zin and he sat in the cart...it's just amazing how strong of a will he has at 3. I am constantly amazed and annoyed by his strength. So we did our shopping and Lino played with the motorized cars and we headed back to the apt. On the drive back Lino kept directing me on how to drive. 
Lino: "Go mommy!!!!"
Me: "I can't go Lino there is a car in front of me"
Lino: "So...Go mommy...I said GO"
Me: "Lino if I go I'm going to crash into this car. You don't want mommy to crash do you?"
Lino: "Go mommy...you don't want Lino to be mad?"
I guess I can't argue with that kind of logic...but don't worry I waited for the car to go...hilarious.

We were only home for long enough for me to make a sandwich for Mike & Lino then we were out the door to get Mike.  But before we left Lino was smothering Shaun with kisses and I got a cute pic...


We had to drive to Fermoy to see 3 cars...hopefully one will be the one. When we got Mike the first thing Lino said to him was "did you make money daddy??" Mike, "yes".  Lino, "can I see it?"  Hahahaha....we died laughing...at such a young age he already eats the money in his hands. Then the conversation continued about why daddy has to work and Lino told Mike it was so he could have chicken nuggets and French fries...hahaha. That's what tell Lino every morning when we drop Mike off at work...cute. So we discussed cars on the way to Fermoy and tried to narrow down the lists that we have been working on...not easy...probably have another 15 cars to pair down...ugh. So the first car we saw, Ford Fusion was nice but too small and wasn't screaming buy me. The next car, Ford Focus was really nice, clean but small...but I really liked it and it drove good and gets good gas mileage...a true contender. Then the Opel, another nice car...not a appealing outside but a good car, more room inside and cheaper...another contender. Oh, forgot to mention that the Focus owner came 30min earlier and I thought I had messed up my appointments so I had to call the Opel guy to say it was going to be a little while...he was nice and just waited for us...he was in the same parking lot as us already. I felt bad...but it wasn't my fault the Focus lady was just messed up...oh well. So on the test drive of the Opel, Lino decided to take a poop in his pants in the car...he was "driving" the car. So when I got back I saw shorts and wipes all tossed around the car and Mike was just shaking his head. I couldn't believe it...Mike couldn't believe it. What is up with this kid today????  So embarrassing too. Anyway, we headed back and decided that even tho the Focus was a yr younger and a little nicer on the outside that the Opel was a better deal...not a done deal yet but we are getting closer.  We get back and since Lino had a poop accident that meant he had to take a shower...he hates showers. So kicking and screaming he got cleaned then was in the bed. I still had stuff to do so I didn't lay down with him...plus I'm kind of over that. So I read him a book and he stayed in his bed for a while but not long. While he was in the bed I fed Shaun and Mike told me "why don't you lay down?"  I was like, sure...are you going to breastfeed Shaun for me?" His response "Uh no...I mean after". Thanks Mike...I plan to go to sleep after Shaun is sleep...thanks. Hahahaha...he was trying but it was a little funny.  So It took over 45min of screaming and crying and hugs and stomps and fits and more hugs and more kisses and more fits and beig tucked into bed and checking for monsters before I was able to convince him to stay in the bed. I basically stood in the hallway where he could hear me and see my shadow but didn't see me. I stood there until he went to sleep which wasn't long after he finally got into the bed. Mike had tried to keep him in the room but Lino just thought he was playing with him so it wasn't very effective. Once Lino laid down, Shaun started fussing. Mike was holding him and rocking him but Shaun was looking at me like "help me!!! Don't leave me with daddy!" So I took him to see if he was hungry or what and he shut up and started playing with his hand...really Shaun???  So since I wasn't sure of Lino was sleep I gave Shaun back to Mike, he seemed to be calm at that point, and not 2min later Shaun was screaming again...guess he just wanted mommy. Sometimes it's a little much for EVERYONE to want mommy...why don't they want daddy??? I told Mike, no one likes daddy...what's up with that???? He just laughed. So since I was calming both kids, I politely hinted to Mike that the dishes needed to be washed...he didn't like my hint but at least the dishes got washed.  Let's see what's in store for my sleep tonight...


Wednesday:

Well poor Shaun was starting to get sick yesterday and during the night he was just not comfortable. He had a little congestion and a runny nose so he didn't sleep much at all...I think it's allergies because I was a little stuffy yesterday too. Lino slept in his bed until around 5 which was nice but then it was all down hill from there. I was nursing Shaun and he wanted to get between us...I think he just wanted to cuddle with me but I couldn't. Then he was smashing Shaun trying to get to me so I kept trying to move him over and hold his hand but that wasn't good enough. He would move my hand, grab one if Shaun's limb (any would do) and try to toss it over his shoulder...oh brother. So the tug of war ensued...I finally had enough and moved him (Lino) over and he didn't like that. After about 20min of fighting and screaming he was done with me and went to get in the bed with Mike...at least that is what I thought...he came back to collect all of his car bombs (as I like to call them) then was gone again. I was just praying he would go back to sleep with Mike. By this point Shaun was up so I went to get a diaper for him as found Lino in the kitchen playing...so much for getting any sleep. So up at 6 it was...I think at that point I was so tired I wasn't tired anymore. I noticed my BF Gina had texted me so I texted her back to see f she was up...she was. We had a good laugh about the situation and she gave me crap about letting Lino run all over me and reminded me who was boss. It's so hard when you are tired to stand your ground but she was right, you really have to or else it will just get worse. So after calling me a pre postal nut case I felt much better...I miss that girl...love you Gina!  So trying to have a different view on things I finished making Lino's breakfast and started to make mine so that we could be ready to go by the time Mike woke up...but I didn't realize it was already 7:15. So Lino was eating but running around like a maniac and getting food all over the place so I told him to sit on his bottom and eat...bad decision. He was not feeling that so we fought about that.  He screamed and woke up Mike of course and Mike gave me this look of disgust and I thought "if he says anything about being tired I really will feed him to the pigs"...but he didn't, he just shook his head. So then I told him to put his clothes on so that was another fight and I was done so I had to put him in timeout and took all his toys...he didn't like that at all but enough was enough...Mike helped me out with that one and I got ready to go. By the time I was ready Lino must have found his zin because he was ready too. What a morning already. So we couldn't heaven get out of the hotel parking lot because of some parking disaster...we sat there for probably 15min waiting while the staff and random guest tried to help clear the congestion...seriously??? A 5 car jam up??? And I have a screaming 3yr old in the back telling me to "GO!!" He would not stop yelling at me and I told him we would crash but that didn't seem to bother him. Only in Ireland. 


After that little delay we dropped Mike off (with the direction of Lino...he doesn't like it when we stop...even if there is a big semi in front of us). Then we headed to Midleton to meet up with Christina, a mom I met at my first coffee morning, so that we could follow her to Ballymaloe for Gymboree. By the time we got to Midleton Lino was out cold...as expected. I needed cash and coffee so I decided to go to the bank to get money...I parked right by the ATM and left them in the car to sleep. Since there are no drive-thru coffee places I opted out on the coffee...but I was half tempted to leave them in the car to get me a mega super sized one...it was one of those mornings. Since we were early I just took the time to chill for a moment but Shaun interrupted that...so I blogged and entertained him until Christina got there. Then we took the crazy road to Ballymaloe...did I say CRAZY!!! Mike and I actually went there in May when we were house hunting and I drove and I almost peed my pants. The road is so narrow and the speed limit is 80/km ph!!! Well I think that's fast for that road...so I wasn't really looking forward to the drive but today we took a different route. Nice!!! NOT!!!!!  This road was even worse because it was filled with pot holes!!!! And Christina was driving like a bat out of hell and I was having a hard time keeping up to her...she was driving the speed limit but I was freaking out anyway. But we made it there safe and sound...whew :-)  Lino was still sleep and I had already warned Christina that he was in a mood and tired so I tried to be careful with waking him up...prayer for a hard reset of his internal computer. But no such luck, he got out of the car screaming but then he saw we were on a farm and he perked up...not bad. In the class he was kind of hesitant but I think he liked it ok. I could see us coming back again but probably not every week. Shaun had a good time too I think...he got to bang toys and wood sticks on the floor so he was happy. It ended up being a good time, good quality time with both boys. But I do need to get Lino some Irish snacks...he was eating everyone else's snack...raisins, juice boxes, some Areo snack or something like that (they said it was yogurt but it just looked like a sugary chocolate cake with cream to me). Then before we could leave he had to spend about 20min looking at the tractors and all the grain in the barn...good times. 



After leaving the farm I didn't want to go back to the apt because we only had about and hr or so before we were suppose to meet the owner of the learning school that Lino will be going to so we went to The Elm tree and shared a plate if chicken goujons and chips (aka chicken nuggets and french fries). I thought Lino might go to sleep on the way there but no...so a quick late lunch to off to Joan's!  I was really impressed with myself because I was able to get to her house with no issues and I've only been there one other time, in May!!! Anyway, Lino got a chance to have a look around at the school and play with some of the toys. He seemed to really like it and he liked Joan too so that was great. Almost too great...I couldn't get him to leave he loved it there so much. I had to pick him up and put him in the car kicking and screaming...so embarrassing. But I have a good feeling about this place so I'm very glad we were able to get him in. It's going to be a nice little break for me and a good chance for him to make friends his age and close to our house...win win for everyone. Then back to the apt to get dinner prep'ed and off to get Mike. No cars to see today...a nice break. 

Lino asked Mike the normal let me see the money question and directed me to run a few red lights...the norm. Mike decided not to go for a run today because he said he was going to give me a break...ok...so he sat with the boys for 30min and watched TV...I mean sat!


I told him to go jogging because Lino was into the TV and wasn't going to be an issue and I knew Shaun would just sit with him the whole time but he insisted that he would/was helping me. The funny part was that it was suppose to be a break for me but Shaun kept getting tossed back to me and Mike kept smothering me with kisses so not really the kind of break I was thinking about...but anyway it was good & helpful actually...every min helps. Today was Mikes turn for bath and bed and since Shaun was all congested it was just Lino...a little break. I told Mike he needed to read Lino a story and not lay down with him anymore but he didn't agree...he thinks we should wait until we get into the house to go back to the old routine.  I really don't know what to do but I know I can't lay down with him every night and deal with Shaun and not get any sleep during the night... something has to change and fast. Neither one of us want to fight him but we don't know what to do to get him to go back to the old way. It's rough...parenting is so rough...


Thursday:

Lets just say a lot of tears and crying this morning (from all 4 of us). We all ended up in the bed this morning, Mike was trying not to leave me abandoned to fend off Lino by myself but when I realized we had been sleeping like that for a while I was annoyed (just tired and cranky, nothing is the right thing). So I got up and went to Lino's bed and tried to sleep...I thought that might be a better solution but not even 20min later Lino comes in looking for me...seriously??? Why do you need mommy to sleep with you and how the heck did you know I was gone?? Then a few min later Mike comes in to get Lino and take him back to the other room because at this point I'm completely exhausted. He goes kicking and screaming and screams for me for God knows how long until I give in...it's freaking 5am...I know we are going to get a noise complaint. I go back and he just falls out in the bed, from exhaustion his self, and makes sure he has skin contact with me and Mike. So I try to leave because at this point Shaun was up but he felt me move so I had to sit there for another 20min and wait for him to get in to his deep sleep before I was able to sneak out of the bed...and before Shaun woke him up again. Now it's 5:30 or so and I'm up with Shaun for another hr at least. I text my BF for moral support then head back to bed...to try and get some sleep. I can't believe how bad it's getting with his sleeping. I just want him to sleep and be happy but it seems almost impossible. I know he is starving for my attention and with Shaun here he's not getting it like he wants. It's so hard to balance having more than one kid, especially when you have spoiled your first like we did with Lino. It sucks for right now but I know we have to give him that structure and make sure that we give him plenty of quality time too...just have to keep at it. So even tho we had planned to go to the coffee morning then I was going to take him to the mall to play Mike took the car and we just stayed at the apt. It was really gray and rainy anyway so it was a good day to stay in. Lino got up around 9 I think...not exactly sure because I hate looking at the clock...it just reminds me of how much sleep I didn't get. So we got up. The morning was going pretty good, I made Lino sausage, a peanut butter sandwich and he had 1/2 of my cereal (he didn't eat the PB sandwich) then I let him watch TV because I was tired and he hasn't watched much TV at all since he's been here. So while I was cleaning up I noticed him making a funny face and I asked him if he was ok...then I recognized that face...the face of "I'm taking a crap in my diaper" face!!!! Seriously Lino??? You haven't done that in for ever, why today????? So his punishment for pooping in the diaper was a shower...he hates to take showers. And he had poop all over his butt...I got most of it but he had to wash the rest so I told him to wash his self off...he didn't like that at all. So we went round and round about who was going to wash the poop off ad in ally I left him in the shower with the towel and told him to wash and I would come back when he was done. I guess he wanted o test me because it took a little while before he would do it but finally he did...stubborn kid. I couldn't believe he pooped in his pants. So I got him all change into clothes and let him go on with the day...to tired to fight to much about it. We watched this stupid kid show over and over and over and over again...he couldn't get enough and I just wanted to barf but whatever. The whole time it looked like he needed to pee and I told him to go potty before he had an accident but he kept telling me he didn't need to go...ok. But in the end he stood by the TV and peed his pants...waited too long or just trying to get my attention I don't know but not ok. So back in the shower he went...did I say he is really stubborn???? Because he is so stubborn and strong willed its crazy. At this point my BF had told me to put him back in diapers if he wanted to act like that but I just couldn't do it...I told him he needed to go to bed because I could tell he was tired. Surprisingly I didn't have to fight with him too much...a few screams of protests then he was out like a light.  It's amazing...if I stuck to my guns about something he picks up on it really quickly...I think this having to lay down with him to go to sleep might be close to being out the window!!! Now if only Shaun would go to sleep I might have a little break...but Shaun doesn't go to sleep until a hr later and at that point it could have been any moment before Lino woke up so instead of me trying to get a nap only to be woke up by Lino after 15min I decided to get dinner ready and let Gina finish cussing me out for being so soft and letting Lino run over me. I'm sure she is right I just don't know what to do...or how to so it...I'm so tired these days that I know my patience is on a short supply...I need to be in a better state of mind in order for it to work. But if I don't put my foot down now I'll never be in a better state of mind...what a vicious circle. 

As my friend Gina would say...take a picture of them while they sleep to remind yourself why you didn't kill them...so peaceful. 

 
Then my sister text me pictures of my niece getting ready for the first day of 2nd grade. I can't believe she is going to the 2nd grade already. Guess it gives me hope that one day my little monsters will not be so restless...but then the won't be babies either and I love my little babies. Such bitter sweet moments being a parent. 



Lino slept a solid 2hrs...nice! Then was pretty nice and happy so maybe we will have a good afternoon I told myself. I asked him if he wanted to be a big boy and put underwear on or if he wanted to keep his diaper on and after a little discussion he wanted the diaper off. I told him if he had anymore accidents it would be back in the diaper...not sure how much that really meant to him because he kind of doesn't care about wearing a diaper but anyway it worked. So I let him watch more TV because we only had a little time before Mike wad going to pick us up...had to look at more cars.  I made him another PB sandwich to go (he loves them because we love them...and I had made him one for lunch but he didn't really eat it...it ended up being my lunch) and we left. 

The first car we saw was close to city center but because of traffic it took forever to get there. The car was actually pretty nice and Mike liked it a lot so I'm glad we went to see it. Then we took a long drive to Cahir to see a car...honestly it wasn't worth it but we went. The drive was nice...even tho it was rainy.



Once we got there I called the guy to see where we were meeting and I got no answer. I called him 2x and send a couple text messages with no response...uh oh...we were worried that we drove a hr for nothing. So while we waited Mike went to get a few things at the Supervalu and got Lino a juice drink that he drank in like 5min...it's going to be a long ride home...and finally I was able to reach him. Actually the guy selling the car is over seas and his brother was who we were meeting to see the car, I had called the owner to see if he could reach his brother...didn't want it to be a wasted trip. The car was ok but the outside was all banged up so not at the top of our list. So we headed back and the owner started texting me about the car...he wanted some feedback...interesting...I guess it's because it's been for sale for almost 2 months so he's trying to figure out what the issue is. The rest of the ride home was uneventful. We had to stop like 3x for Lino to go pee on the side of the motor way because of all that juice he had and he still had an accident...just too much liquid at one time. Bath and bed went fairly easy and Lino barely fussed at all about going to sleep. I read his book and stood in the hallway for a minute and he was out...and I was in the bed soon after. Early night (before 11) for everyone...hopefully that means a good night of rest...fingers crossed. 


Friday:

OMG...it's a miracle...Lino slept in his bed until 6:30...and Shaun slept...well he slept better than he has been sleeping and I am actually rested. It's amazing!!! Even tho by 7 Lino was fussing at us to get up it was nice to not have him in the bed kicking us and putting car bombs in the bed at 2 o'clock in the morning. Maybe one small step towards sanity. So we got up...Lino & Mike had cereal while I got ready and we took Mike to work. Well we had to convince Lino to leave the apt...he was watching some Irish carton and they were speaking Irish but he didn't seem to care...he was so into it...but finally he left. We had to come back to the apt to change Lino's cloths and to gather all out crap for the day then we were out again. Today the plan was to go to the play group in the morning and meet up with Annett and her friends at Fota around noon. We were all in track in the morning until I realized I had no snacks for Lino...I had snacks but I knew he would want the snacks the other kids would be eating so I needed to get different ones. So we stopped at SuperValu "quickly" before going to the playgroup. But nothing we do is quick, it took 40min to get 5 items...Lino really slows you down...plus it still takes a min to find everything so I have to go down the aisle a couple times to find what I want. While we were shopping I saw Conor, Martha's husband so we chatted for a while. I had invited her to Fota. It didn't hear from her...probably busy with the boys getting ready for school to be back in...oh well...maybe we will catch up wit her on Sunday. Since it took so long at the store I decided to ex the playgroup and go to the playground instead...plus the playgroup was €4 and I knew we would have to leave after 45min so I didn't want to fight Lino. The park worked out and we had fun. We left there and I stopped at Fitzpatrick's to get me a sandwich & Lino some popcorn before heading to Fota. I almost had to kill Lino in the store because he was running around the place like a mad man...too much freaking energy. But we made it to Fota at the same time as some of the others ladies we were meeting. So we all got in on one membership pass which is pretty cool. There were 3 adults, two 3yr olds and 2 babies...sweet. A membership is like €160 but it sounds like most moms split it with another mom so it makes it kind of worth it to have one...I need to find a mom to split a membership with because I could see this being a regular place to visit with the boys. Annett wasn't there yet so we let the kids play in the sand playground until she got there. Shaun and Lino had a ball...Shaun was amazed by the sand...his first time in sand...they definitely need a bath tonight!!!!

Lino showing Shaun how to handle the sand

Shaun enjoying playing in the sand. 


So we strolled around for a while, stopped to feed the ducks and went to another playground before I had to leave...had to get Mike so that we could drive to Clonakilty to see yet another car...I think this is just an excuse to drive all over Co Cork ;-)  The park was really nice and it's amazing how close you are to the animals...totally a new experience for me. Being at the park with both boys was a new experience for me too...Lino tries to take advantage of me when I'm dealing with Shaun.  A couple times he actually ran off and I had to find him...if I was still in the states I might have lost my mind because it only takes a sec for some crazy nut case to grab him but here it doesn't seem to be nearly as bad. People were actually helping me...like when he ran off from the sand pit, one of the dads saw me telling him to stay close and I turned around to do something with Shaun and when I turned back around he was gone. The dad told me where he went and apparently was watching him...thank God. Then on the way out Lino was chasing a bird (because he thinks he can catch birds) and he ran the opposite direction of where we were going and I didn't realize it until a few sec later but he had already ran under one of the wooden fences to try and get the stupid bird. I had to leave Shaun in the stroller and run to get him...on my lord. So I strapped him down because I couldn't take it. Then we stopped at then enterence to see the Cheeta feeding but Shaun was getting fussy so we didn't really get to see it.  But what we did see was cool...they put the meat on a rope and reel and the Cheeta's have to run catch the food. Kind of cool but I couldn't see much of it and couldn't get a picture...maybe next time. All in all a good day and it only cost me €3 (parking)!!!

Bison...super close...it was cool. 

Feeding the ducks with Alex, Paly and Alana. 



Beautiful day...Giraffes in the field. 

So of course we were late to get Mike, but he was ok with it because he knew Lino was having fun at Fota...once we got him we got right on the road to Clonakilty...and Lino was out after about 2min of getting Mike...as expected. He had to be tired after today...a nap will do him some good. It was suppose to be a 50mim drive but with all the traffic it took over a hr. The car was really nice and had low mileage but the price was a little higher than we would like. We ended up taking to the couple for a little while after driving it...they were nice, the we went back home. It's so funny, we drive a hr to see a car for less than 30min...it's absolutely crazy but I guess that's what we do. We got home and Mike made a quick garlic & oil pasta for dinner then bath for the boys and Mike went to get wine for me (I deserved it after this week) and since its Friday we let Lino watch Wreck it Ralph before bed. Then Mike read him a story and I think he whimpered once but then he was out like a light...sweet!!!! Once the boys were out, Mike and I had some alone time...I finished my blog for the week and he read his book...sometimes it's nice to have those alone time nights.  A really nice end to a horrible week. I pray we have a good weekend...meaning Lino and Shaun sleep!!!!  Guess we will wait and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment