Tuesday 2 July 2013

2 July

Happy happy Shaun Shaun this morning...

So some clarification on my post, because I've got a few questions. The picture of the city that I posted yesterday is a view of the tallest building in all of Ireland. It's a condo building in downtown Cork. 

Now for more clarification on our move, 1/4 if our stuff from TX was put in storage...TVs, beds, books, junk :-). Then  the rest is being shipped (air and sea) to us in Ireland. We sold our vehicles because we couldn't bring them and they are way too big for this place. It was weird to sell them. This weekend we will look for new cars for both of us. Not sure if we will be buying one but we at least need to start the process. Both of us will have cars. And they drive on the left side of the road and the steering wheel is on the right side of the car. Lots of different types of cars but some familiar ones too, Kia, Hyundai, Audi, Ford, Nissan (mostly the  vans are Nissan) there are also a few Lexus', Honda's and the random pick-up truck. 

So the weather here is so weird, yesterday was nice (for Ireland), partially cloudy or is it partially sunny??? And it was about 60-68F. Today it's cloudy and partially rainy, hahaha...about 59F. E I think this will be the norm for here. View from our apt this morning.  

One of the best things about staying at home is all the 50,000 kisses mommy gets to steal from Shaun!  It's like payment for all the 10,000 poopy diapers I have to change all day. Sometimes Shun could careless about my kisses. 

And sometimes he actually likes it. These are moments I can't get enough of. So blessed to be able to spend this time with Shaun. 

So the adventure for today was very uneventful, but funny. Walked down to the Dunnes Store, similar to a Macy's but more like a JC Penny's as far as prices. It's crazy how many galoshes they have, good thing Lino and I already have ours otherwise that might be a rough decision to pick from that selection 😜. 
 A funny story about checking out at the Dunnes Store was that the Irish don't particularly find any value in Chuck E Cheese tokens, can u believe that??? Don't they understand how valuable those tokens are in the states?  The truth is that i didn't even know i had those silly tokens in my wallet to begin with. We cleaned out our coin jars before we left Texas and Mike had a bunch of euros in the bottom of his book bag so I put them in my wallet...thinking I was doing a good thing. Mike hates keeping coins, like his father, so I knew he wouldn't use them. So I call myself being proactive so that we have them for the cart at Tesco or just for whatever. Guess I should have looked thru the coins first because there was a lot of non euros in my stash...kind of embarrassing trying to pay with Chuck   E Cheese tokens and coins from Uruguay & Canada.  Well let's just say when I got back to the apt I made sure to sort out the non euros.
 Do people even go to Chuck E Cheese anymore? Maybe these are the last 3 tokens??? Or maybe they are just trash? 

Well while I consider today a pretty uneventful and normal day, Shaun was totally the opposite. What is normally a good kid and sleeper has become a bit of a nightmare. He only took cat naps today and demanded to be held or walked with while sleeping. While some of this is my fault (I put him in the Moby wrap so that I can multitask) he has never been this bad. He too 3 naps today but none longer than 40min. By the end of the night I just gave up and we went to the car and I let him have a good cry while 80's music boomed in the background. Crazy enough it did calm him down...he slept long enough for Mike & I to talk about his day (30min) then the little guy was up. Oh well... But if this is a sneak peak at what's to come I'm screwed and not in a good way. We shall see. 

As for Mike, another day of training but today he became official...he has an Ireland badge!!! 
Mike also got in his first run in Ireland. Even tho the distance wasn't far the hills are killer. So different from Texas, it reminds us of jogging in Pennsylvania when we went there for the Tash's wedding. Well the good thing about the hills is that it gives him extra resistance so he will get more bang for his jog...don't think he's ready to hear that yet but it's true. 

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Chloe loves Chuck E Cheese, Aunt Aunts does not. They limit your beer consumption to 1 per hour. And you need it to be there, I'm telling you!

    Love the blog, makes Alicia, happy happy.

    ReplyDelete