Monday 8 July 2013

Getting connected

Today was a down to business kind of day (not exciting at all). Spent most of the day joining Cork groups and looking for play dates for Lino. I also contacted a GP so that I can get the boys ready for shots and wellness exams and all that good stuff.  I think I'm going to have an appointment to see the facilities tomorrow but I'm not sure. I called to make an appt and I got a call back and gave them all my information and the receptionist was going to call me back to confirm what time my appt was...but she never did. So tomorrow might be my first day driving by myself!!!! God help the rest of the motorist on the road...and God watch over me...I don't want to kill poor Shaun. I'll see how it goes tomorrow...

We also found out that our air shipment of stuff is still sitting in the warehouse in Dallas (I think). Apparently they need some document proving that we are from the states or something like that. You would think the 5 months of bank statements from 2011 would be enough proof of that but I guess not. It really does suck that it's being delayed because it has all of Shaun's chairs in it...high chair, swing & stroller!!! Also has a bunch of Lino's & Shaun's toys and what nots...what am I going to do with Lino if I have no toys???  Hopefully there will be some progress on our things, if not I'll have to enact the play dates sooner than expected. 

We did get a nice surprise today...they cleaned our room. Crazy that getting the room cleaned is a nice unexpected treat. If they just give me a broom, vacuum and a mop I would take care of it myself...it would be much easier. 

Well tomorrow I hope to have more to do. Sitting around in the apt gets old quickly and makes for a very boring blog post :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment