Wednesday 24 July 2013

Air shipment has arrived

So today we got our air shipment...finally! It only took about 4 weeks which is ridiculous. But when they came to unload the stuff I got super stressed. Our apt is small...smaller than I thought it would be when we were packing our stuff. Now we have all this crap that we probably could live without for another month..,oh well. 

Poor movers had to unload in the rain but I guess that's pretty normal here...


At least we got the stroller and box of Lino toys in time for Lino's arrival. 

So I missed a coffee morning that actually lasted all day because I was at the apt trying to get stuff in order. My new friend from Michigan is really good about meeting up with other moms so I might just let her do all the hard work and I'll just tag along on these meet ups...hahaha. But I was too busy to go...so much to do but so little time... I had to pack and finish washing cloths...it's only been 24hrs since I took the last load out of the dryer so why would I expect it to be dry by now??? Crazy lady. Tried to straighten up a little but it's hard when there is no where for all the crap to go. Then I got invited to go to a play center with my friend Martha but couldn't because of my crap...made me kind of sad but I know it won't be the only rainy day that people want to go to the play center with the kids. Plus Shaun wouldn't get anything out of it so no reason for me to pay to get in just to sit and talk...but it was really nice of her to invite me. 

Once all the cloths where packed and that cloths from the washer were hanging (I hope they will be dry by the time we get back). I finally had a few minutes to relax...oh wait...Shaun needs attention now...geeze o peez o....it's hard work trying to get a break around here. So basically I did nothing today and for the most part I'm ok with that. 

Mike meet up with someone from work tonight for drinks so when he got home he changed cloths, cooked the garlic & oil pasta, ate and washed his dishes all in about 25min flat!!! Then out the door...oh well. So we are all ready for our flight tomorrow...get to see Lino...hope he's just as excited to see us! I'm sure he is going to be super big and so different...can't wait to see him. 

So after a day of rain the clouds decided to part and Shaun and I had a nice view to go to sleep to...hope he sleeps tonight so I can get some rest too. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to see you guys!!! Man, I hope I can get a cuddle out of Lino.

    ReplyDelete