Tuesday 16 July 2013

Exploring the roads near our house

Rough night of sleeping...I felt like I didn't sleep a wink. So tired :-0  So today I went back to The Haven, the place I went to on Friday because my new friend Martha said that there would be people there. So Shaun and I took a walk, it seems to be cooling down some now so it wasn't too bad of a walk. I get there a little late, hopping some moms will already be there...but no!! Oh well, I guess I can try again on Thursday but I have a couple other options for Thursday so we will see. So I headed to the English Market...we wanted to try the fish from O'Connell. I wasn't sure what to get and almost got monk fish because its everywhere here but I've never cooked it before so I wasn't sure how well that would go over. So I decided to go with the tuna since it looked to fresh!  Them I got a few other items...not because we needed them but because I was there...and I wonder why I can't loose any weight.  I did get another loaf of bread, at least I know it was made today and that it won't last more than a week if I don't refrigerate it. I got soda bread, really popular here...super dense but interestingly good.  Then we headed back to the apt and chilled out there for a while. I was praying that Shuan would take a nap and I would join him but no such luck. Why is it that the days that you want to nap the kids don't want I sleep but the days that you need to go 50,000 places they want to sleep all day?? Crazy

After our afternoon quality time I went out to find the breastfeeding group Martha told me about. I knew where the center was but still got turned around a bit when I was trying to get there. I didn't use the GPS and I was still able to find my way out of the maize that is Cork. So I got to meet a few other moms, they were really nice but it didn't look like any of them were interested in a new friend...maybe they were and I just wasn't as bold...who knows. But I did find a mom that wa really interested in my stuggles and with the Milacin drops we used on Lino. So I made a friend...kind of...I told her I would get her some drops while I'm in the states and she seemed pretty excited. One of the other moms was telling me a out the good deli and bakery near our house so that was pretty exciting. After that I walked around the Glanmire shopping center looking for streaky bacon (american bacon)for dinner...the butcher didn't have it so I had to go to the SuperValue. I kind of like this SuperValue...I think I'll have to do a price and quality comparison to see if its worth it to shop there. 

Then I decided to go for a driving expedition and find out house!!! So I drive around Glanmire and Glounthan for over an hr and finally found our house 

The roads are so windy and there are no street names it's almost impossible to get around without either getting lost or having the GPS coordinates. I'm actually surprised I didn't get more lost. But somehow I was able to find it. And I was able to find the lady who we will be sending Lino too for school. That was actually easy but finding the house was not so easy. After I found it and traced back my steps it actually wasn't so bad...but not sure if I'll be able to find it any easier next time...we shall see. Just excited that I found it by myself.  

The evening was quite for us. After I got Mike to eat my sautéed cabbage (it was good but he doesn't want to admit it) we just chilled. I searched on the Internet and tried a million different things to fix my iMessage on my US phone, all with no luck.  Tomorrow I'll have to connect to iTunes and see if that will fix it. If not its a full reset for me...I'm praying it doesn't get to that. 

Super tried today...hope I can get some rest tonight. 

1 comment: