Thursday 11 July 2013

A day in the life of Mike

Hi everyone! This is my first post. Renee gave me the reins today because she didn't have much to blog about. So what kind of day did I have you may be wondering?!?

5am: Wake up to take care of natures calling and look out the window at the bright sun and freak out because I think I'm late for work and over slept

5:10: check my phone and realize that its only 5:10 and I still have an hour and 20mins to sleep!! :-) :-)

6:30: Alarm goes off and I'm instantly annoyed because its time to get up and jog. Normally I run around Cork city (beautiful place to run around, lots of scenery and I like running when it's cold out) then walk up this crazy hill. Today I decided to actually run up half the hill. Don't ask me why, maybe my brain is still messed up from my experience at 5am

7:30: Back from the jog and Renee and Shaun are up!! So we eat breakfast and then proceed to try and find GPS coordinates for Renee because apparent we don't believe in addresses here. Which is kinda cool because instead of a boring style US address the house you live in is actually a name. But annoying because the GPS doesn't like it

8:15:  Renee drops me off at work, needless to say the ride in was interesting but I can tell she is getting the hang of driving. 

16:30: have a call with my old boss, it was great to hear a voice from home and have a discussion about things

18:00: Renee picks me up from work

18:15: get home from work to the apartment smelling delightful! Today we had roasted chicken breast with potatoes, string beans, and onions. It was delectable! Renee is quite an awesome cook, I'm worried she's going to take that duty away from me!! 

20:00: Take Shaun outside and I have a coffee and a chat. We had a scare about pictures we asked mom to send out so we had an emergency FaceTime appointment with Nini and Lino!! It was good to see and talk to them. I miss the little guy, but I'm sure that sentiment will go away within 5 mins when he is here. Maybe Nini wants to keep him until he's like 5 or so and give us visitation? Nah, I live the little guy too much. He's doing really good at potty training. He's also not afraid of the pool water!  Nini said that he goes in the water without his life vest with no inhibition. It's good and bad because I'm happy he's not scared of the water, but worried he's gonna jump in and drown. I'm sure hell be fine

21:00: back to the apartment to have a fresh scone, turn on the sling box and find that Office Space is on!! One of my all time favorite moves!  So I get into it and as expected since its raining in NY the directv craps out. I'm über mad because the sling box was working great for once!! So now were watching a documentary on the welfare system in the UK and how this guy has been in it for 22yrs with no intention of getting off 

22:00: bedtime

I know that wasn't nearly as good as Renees posts but I hope it kept you entertained for a few mins while you were bored. Don't worry, I'm sure tomorrow this blog will be back to normal talking about something interesting!!

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment